Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 53 - Carolina Silver Bells

April 19, 2011

It amazes me just how many different plants we have growing on our property. These pretty little flowers bloom on a small tree in the back yard. When we moved into this house, there was a fence that went across the back of the yard. There was an additional fence further back so we decided to take to middle fence out, to extend the yard. This little tree was growing through this fence and I wanted to make sure we saved it. I had no idea what it was but these blooms were just gorgeous. Last year there were no flowers. I was so disappointed. But this year the flowers returned and oh my goodness... they were gorgeous and they smelled just wonderful! I did some research and found out that this is a Carolina Silver Bell tree. The blooms are gone now but I did manage to get a few photos.

Photo settings are: f/3.5, 1/60 sec., ISO 200, macro lens

No comments:

Post a Comment